Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager will partner with the Fuego Store Manager in creating a motivating environment for your employees and a fun shopping experience for everyone! This is a true management job and the ideal assistant will partner with the store manager to achieve sales targets, daily priorities and oversee the day-to-day activity, while maintaining the stores eclectic, quirky & high energy environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job working in a retail sales environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Note: Nothing in this job specification restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Critical features of this job are described under various headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Fuego Holdings LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Areas of Responsibility
• Achieve/Exceed store sales goals through the implementation of revenue building strategies.
• Coach and develop staff to exceed store goals.
Establish Customer Experience Culture:
• Coach and develop staff to provide a fun and inviting shopping experience by establishing a culture of excitement and enthusiasm for the products, staying connected to customer needs, anticipating customer changes, and meeting customer challenges.
• Support the Store Manager in the achievement of all financial and operational objectives with regards to expense control, Loss Prevention audits/checklists, and reports.
• Monitor and maintain compliance of all company policies and procedures to make sound business decisions.
• Communicate, train and educate all staff members.
Product and Visual Merchandising:
• Partners with the Store Manager on the implementation of visual merchandising directives and maintains standards consistent with company brand strategies.
• Communicates with Store Manager regarding product mix, trends and needs.
Management of Human Resources/Creating Team Success:
• Assists in the creation and maintenance of positive employee relations through building, developing and leading a quality store team.
• Partners with the Store Manager to ensure ongoing specific and immediate coaching and feedback are provided to the staff.
• Assists with the delivery of all performance documentation in a timely manner, including coaching and conflict resolution.
• Assists Store Manager with recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding of all store positions.
• If interested in becoming a Store Manager, work closely with District Manager and Store Manager in increasingly take on additional responsibilities.
Education / Experience Requirements
• 1 year of store management experience, or 1 year of experience as a Fuego employees.
• Knowledge in retail operations, sales, customer service, merchandising, Inventory control, store budget preparation and loss prevention.
• Must have understanding and ability to perform all duties, key holder and sales associate.
• Staff Development Experience: Knowledge in staffing, coaching, counseling, training and development.
• Basic computer skills, POS system and Microsoft office.
• Assistant Store Managers must have a thorough understanding of, and ability to perform, all the duties and responsibilities of all subordinate positions including Key holders and Sales Associates.
PHYSICAL DEMAND - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
How to Apply
See Store Manager for Details or email firstname.lastname@example.org